When it comes to homes, neatness is the key to a healthy life. Keeping yourself clean is mandatory, but keeping the things clean which are in your use is also necessary to maintain a clean environment. That is why this time we brought you Washing Machine Cleaning Tips to make your machine look shiny new. As mentioned here.
As far washing machine, tumble dryer, and dishwasher are concerned, they are the most used items in a home. A washing machine helps you to maintain clean clothing, a tumble dryer offers comfy clothes, and a dishwasher can lower your burden by washing used dishes. So, if you want to look neat and intended to eat clean dishes, then you must know that how to clean your washing machine, tumble dryer, and dishwasher.
Unquestionably, you have been going through the cleaning of these items before, but to act like a professional you have to go through this guide. This guide covers all the possible ways with steps to clean your washing machine, tumble dryer, and dishwasher. Let’s discuss this in detail!
While we are at it, checkout our guide of Best Air Fryer
How to Clean your Washing Machine?
On the moral high ground, washing machines are designed in a way to lower your burden by performing excellent clothes cleaning. The advancement in their technology is now offering more work and less care from your side.
A washing machine that’s not as clean as it could be can attract all sorts of nasties such as bacteria, dust mites, and bed bugs. Not to mention, a smelly washing machine is never appreciated! There are several ways to keep your washer free from germs and grime so you don’t have to spend hours scrubbing and cleaning the inside and outside. Some methods will require more effort than others but if you want a quick way out then consider investing in a product like Oxygen Wash which is designed for daily use.
Way to Clean a Washing machine without top-lid
At the very least, I recommend cleaning your washing machine lint filter after every wash.
If you do not clean these often enough, they will eventually become clogged and water will not drain out of your machine properly. This usually happens when dirt and debris mix with lint to make a blockage in the small holes on the plastic lint filter.
How to Clean it?
You can clean this using a little bit of soap and hot water, but please remember to only use the machine when it has been completely dried out. Moreover, it is advisable to unplug your washing machine before you start working on it, just to be safe.
Top Lid Washing Machine cleaning tips
If you want to wash your washing machine with a top lid, here are some washing machine cleaning tips.
- unplug the washing machine and turn off the water supply to it.
- use a degreasing dishwashing liquid, such as Dawn or Joy to clean your washing machine and its lid. Fill a bucket with hot water and add about 1/4 cup of dishwashing liquid to it. Stir the mixture to dissolve the soap completely in the water before you begin cleaning your appliances.
- pour enough soapy water into the top part of your washing machine where it contains detergent dispensers or washes options buttons, such as “small load,” “large load” or “delicates.” To clean these areas, scrub them gently with a half-used toothbrush that how to clean a washing machine with a top lid
How to Clean a Tumble Dryer?
A tumble dryer is a household appliance used to remove moisture from clothing and other textiles. They are also known as clothes dryers, driers, or clothes dryers/dryers, or laundry dryers/dryers. Common features of a tumble dryer include a rotating drum that turns via a motorized drive belt. This is arranged horizontally so that the drum can hold an item of clothing to be dried through evaporation by the surrounding heated air. As it slowly rotates, the heat drives off the moisture inside the drum.
But as the dryer age increases, it builds up mineral deposits from the water. This situation is termed as hard water build-up and it can be fixed with vinegar and baking soda. Mineral buildup tends to reduce heat transfer of your dryer, which means more time for drying clothes. The minerals also shorten the lifespan of many components within the machine such as the heating element and timer. To clean a Tumble dryer, you need:
- Liquid dish soap
- Baking soda
Steps to Clean Tumble Dryer
On the moral high ground, you need to go through the following steps to effectively clean your Tumble Dryer.
- First, we need to turn off and unplug the machine.
- Then remove and inspect the lint filter and clean it to remove built-up lint and dust. If the lint filter is too dirty or damaged, replace it or buy a new one from an appliance store.
- The next step is to remove your washing machine’s agitator (if it has one), set it aside for later use.
- Now open both doors of the washing machine, make sure you hold on to good ventilation while cleaning.
- Next, take a bowl fill 1 cup w COLD water & add 1 tbsp salt, mix well until salt dissolves completely in water then pour this solution into your top-loading washing machine.
- Close the lid tightly, wait about 20 minutes then open the lid back up to let any excess water drain out.
- Next, re-insert your agitator to its place, if you select an option without an agitator then simply clean the inside of the washer with a damp cloth or sponge using hot water. Let it dry completely before using it again.
- Lastly, take 1 cup vinegar & pour inside the machine through the detergent dispenser door & run an empty cycle on HOTEST setting to remove rotten egg odors, vinegar also kills bacteria in the washing machine thus keeps it clean and fresh for a longer period.
How to Clean a Dishwasher?
A dishwasher is a household appliance that uses water to clean dishes, cutlery, and kitchen utensils. Dishwashers are similar to other machines that use water but are distinguished by their source of energy, water consumption patterns, capacity for the job performed, method of washing, and loading door.
Here we got a question. Why do we need to clean a dishwasher? Because dishes come out of your dishwasher not as clean as you would have hoped? There are some reasons but the most obvious reason might be that you hold a dishwasher which isn’t clean.
Steps to Clean a Dishwasher
To get the most out of your Dishwasher, you must have to go through the following steps to efficiently clean your dishwasher.
- First, turn off and unplug the dishwasher power cord from the outlet, open doors & lay down the dishwasher on its side so you can get access better into bottom & top side.
- Now take a bucket, fill it with 1/4 cup dishwasher soap & 1-2 gallons of hot water and add the mixture into the bottom of your dishwasher. Wait for 10 minutes while machines activate detergents.
- Run the machine on the hottest setting with no dishes inside to wash out all the soap residue.
- Next, we need to clean the Dishwasher Drawer which is located at the very bottom front of your dishwasher, simply remove any silverware from this drawer and add 1/2 cup vinegar inside the drawer then close both doors tightly and run through an empty cycle to clean it completely.
- Lastly, we’ll clean up Detergent Dispenser, first open both doors then insert the tip or toothpick small hole that’s located underneath the detergent dispenser lid and push it forward to pry off the hard plastic cap.
- After that, we’ll simply add 1/2 cup white vinegar into the drum of your dishwasher, add detergent & close both doors back up and run an empty cycle on hottest settings.
This is how you should clean all major parts inside your Dishwasher including the drain filter & screen located at the bottom back of the machine which can easily be removed by opening door panels.
Why is my washing not smelling clean?
You may be surprised to know that the cause could be a dirty washing machine. Sometimes, a washing machine can put your clean clothing at risk of odors or stains because it’s just not as clean as it should be!
Is vinegar bad for a dishwasher?
Vinegar is highly acidic and can damage metal surfaces, such as aluminum and copper pots and pans if it’s allowed to sit for hours or days. It can also cause pitting in stainless steel over time. However, I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem with using vinegar in a dishwasher that rinses completely away within seconds after being applied to dishes.
On the final note, cleanliness is the key to a healthy life. Without having everything neat, you might not be able to feel comfortable. Most importantly, things or appliances which you use the most must be cleaned to offer you healthier outcomes. So, you must know that how to clean your washing machine, tumble dryer, and dishwasher. Well, after going through washing machine cleaning tips you must now be able to make the most out of the cleaning of these appliances. Read and follow perfectly to get better results!